Monday, June 14, 2010

Monkey Brains

I haven't posted any recipes in awhile although I have done at least three good ones since the last post that's okay though I just got busy with life and all that goes with it. Here's a good and easy one although we had it for desert it's good any time of the day if done the night before it can be used for breakfast.

Monkey Brains( aka Homemade Cinnamon Pull Aparts)
FYI This was made using a Bundt cake pan which was great because I didn't have any spillover in my oven you can use an angel food cake or tube pan but I would strongly suggest having a cookie sheet with raised sides underneath even when it sits out over night to rise if you don't want a sticky mess all over including inside your oven. Okay that being said now on to the recipe.
1 package of frozen yeast rolls (I used Rhodes)
3 oz. butterscotch pudding (not instant)
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. butter, melted
Place frozen rolls evenly around a Large bundt or tube pan. Mix dry pudding, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over rolls. Drizzle melted butter over all. Let rise overnight (6-8 hours). Do not cover!!! When dough has thawed and risen until double bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before turning out on a serving plate. Cool and slice or pull apart to serve warm.



No comments: