Today is my dad's birthday I am well aware of this fact I am also aware that the second of this month was the 20th anniversary of his death. I haven't forgotten just because I no longer live in mourning I can't he was a good man and he is part of me in fact I have more of him in me and in my personality than my mom so I can't forget. This is the first June where I haven't fallen apart in grief thinking of what I have lost. Just because I haven't doesn't mean that he hasn't lived on in my heart and in my memory but I can't linger on it. I have to live my life and be a part of the living I'm not trying to sound rude it's just the way that it is. My dad was full of laughter and life and honestly I think that's the way he would want me to be and to do. He would want me to laugh, and love and be happy and live my life to the fullest. I still miss him everyday and wish that things had been different but they aren't and nothing can change that fact no amount of wishing will bring him back so I have to make the best of what I have until we can be together again. In fact because I lost my dad I am a HUGE advocate for Damian spending as much one on one time with his dad as he can. I told dad when he thanked me that it was my pleasure I would in fact trade in all my earthly possessions and chew off limbs if I could have a day one one one with my dad but as I can't I have to move on the best I can. He understood what I meant that we have to make the most of every moment we do have and he is so appreciative that I allow him to have a relationship with his son. As a tribute though and to show that I haven't forgotten him I want to now include some videos of songs that every time they play make me think of him.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's good that you can continue on and live your life. I think your dad would want to know that you were able to carry on and not dwell in the past. You'll always miss him but it shows how much you've grown as a person and how much you respect your dad. I think he would have wanted you to be happy and not sad when you think of him. Remembering the good times and living your life and being who you are is the best way to respect someone after they are gone. IMHO it is a sign of disrespect to the deceased if after years you can't get past them being gone. I'm sure that after you grieved he expected you to pick yourself up, dust your self off and get out there and kick some butt!
Post a Comment