I've always struggled to be patient I have never liked waiting for anything. I just want everything to happen right away. However, I have been schooled in patience and I'm learning although it's a stretch. I'm learning to be patient with my all the children in my life and not hurry them. I'm learning to drink in the small quiet moments and to really relax. I'm learning to understand that not everything will happen when I think it should and I am learning with everything that Heavenly Father is in control and that he does have a plan for us. I have been so impatient trying to get Damian help and trying to help us get into an all around better living situation. We always have just spun our wheels but now everything is moving so fast. It's crazy and I can see now why we had to be patient and wait for a little while. I was ready for Damian to get help but he wasn't, he wasn't ready to accept it but now he is. That's making a HUGE difference in his recovery and in his fight. Heavenly Father had to gently teach me that while I can stand beside him and cheer him on and be with him that this is HIS battle to fight NOT mine. I can't do it for him. Now that Damian has been making strides to try and battle and fight things have been falling into place as they need to. He is not only working with a wonderful medical doctor who will help him take care of his physical health and his body, but he also has a wonderful therapist who will help him straighten out his mental health so he can have a fully functioning life where he is not spiraling out of control every 6 months. In addition to this he is working in full cooperation with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation they are assisting him in obtaining and keeping employment. That will not only be HUGE for us in the way of financial freedom but Damian will experience a sense of pride from earning a paycheck every month. I love mom and dad Impett but the worst thing they did for their son was immediately put him on SSI once he graduated from High School. I know they meant well and had the best of intentions based on his autism and other developmental delays and they wanted to make sure he had some way of being able to have some money but before they rushed out and did that I wished they could have done their homework about what was available. He has had to bust through that barrier because he has to understand he is intelligent, he is capable and he can learn to provide for himself and his family. He really has struggled with self-worth issues but I know once he can learn to depend on himself that will help so much. Again I have to be patient it will take time and the help of trained professionals but I know he can do it and I know we can get there.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
everything happens when it's supposed to- I remember hearing once a quote- gosh I don't even remember who it was, but there's a scripture to back it up- but it goes something like, "Heavenly Father has ordered blessings to come your way as fast as you are able to receive them".
He wants to bless us and wants what's best for us- we just need to be ready for it. I'm glad that you are Damian are!
Post a Comment