Thursday, June 17, 2010

My journey has come full circle

I started off 10 years ago full of hope that soon I would have children and our family would be complete. It didn't pan out that way and soon I became angry, desperate, bitter, hurt you name it I felt it. It hurt worse when well meaning people all said the wrong things meaning well but they still hurt still the same. Then a few years ago with the help of my dear sister and family and my dearest friends and a licensed therapist my feelings were validated and healing could begin. I was told it was a grieving process like anything else and that I had that right to grieve but then I had to move on that being bitter and angry wouldn't help it wouldn't change anything and poof I would have a baby. So I gave myself that right and I did grieve and cry and get it all out but what moved that along was the first pregnancy my dear little sister had. I love her so much and I was so happy for her she even was so great to me so loving and considerate of my feelings. She involved me in everything but still she let me cry a little when I did not taking it personal. I assured her I was happy for her and I was so so much but that I had to let this pain out too. She somehow understood although she hadn't gone through what I had. The birth of my niece Lexus was a new beginning for me for the first time I could truly be happy for the birth of a baby and that sweet girl along with her sister and my nephew Gaige have been therapy for my soul. I love being their auntie they can't replace my own but they have helped me heal because I can be happy for them and rejoice and love them with all my heart there is no bitterness no anger no pain and no frustration. I still am planning for my future but it's one where I am open to loving children that were not born to me. We are moving in that direction but it will take some time and I am willing to wait. I have had support and love all this way and I am finishing my journey although it's hard to do what I am needing to do. I write that is what I do and I am working on a story that talks about infertility and the emotions involved with it not to be negative but to get all those feelings out and validate them so others can understand and maybe some will be able to relate. I also created a face book support group for others like me and their families and loved ones who support them. I feel proud that I am ready to fully give my love and support to other women and help uplift them. Many years ago I was a part of a "support" group via yahoo groups and that group was depressing and instead of building me up it tore me down. Now that I am not so angry I can see where the good Lord has helped me along he gave me wonderful loving friends and family who have stood by me through my ups and downs and who have been empathetic without being patronizing or downplaying what I have felt. Thank you all for that I love you so much.

No comments: