I'm still writing my novel I naively thought that I would be half way done by now the first 16 pages have come so easily but now for the moment at least I am stuck on page 18. I think that's because I'm trying to rush it for one and two I haven't taken the time lately to read back and figure out where the story wants to go. That sounds crazy right? How can a story talk to you? It can though I have a good friend of mine who writes stories all the time really good amazing stories that make you feel like you could be right there and she tells me that's how come her stories are so good she lets the story tell itself. I guess I just need to take some time off the internet once in awhile turn the tv off and just get engrossed in what my story wants me to write. I'm not frustrated with it yet so far I am loving what I am writing I just need to be patient but like the rest of you I don't know the ending either I have no idea where this story will lead me so I am anxious to find out as well so maybe that's why I'm in such a rush. I just need to be patient and let my story tell itself and give in to it and hopefully something amazing and creative will be born.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, just keep at it and enjoy it. The time it takes will be worth it, and many great authors develop their stories over the course of a year or longer. It's going to be great! :)
Post a Comment