Thursday, February 4, 2010

An amazing movie

Damian's mom surprised us on Monday night she called and asked if Damian and I would like to join her and dad for a movie Tuesday night their treat. So that's how we ended up not only getting to see Avatar but getting to see it in 3D and although that really took some getting used to it was a cool effect. The glasses have come a long way since the cheesy paper ones I remember seeing in the 80s when I was growing up. Seeing it that way really brought the movie to life so it made a good movie even better. I don't usually like hype when it comes to movies. I am picky about movies actually I have a few categories that I place movies in. First is the ones that I won't see no how no way followed by ones that I saw that were okay but will probably never see again. Then I follow that up by movies that were good but that I may never see again and then the last one is movies that I thought were amazing and that I would see again and again. Avatar fell into the last category it was well written and everything was good it wasn't just full of special effects and that was the only thing good about it. In fact it was so good that I cried you end up caring about the characters in this movie and to me that's what makes a movie really good.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

I still haven't seen Avatar, but a lot of people really seem to like it. How fun your in laws took you two out for a treat! :)