Monday, February 15, 2010

I can FINALLY start writing

I didn't realize when I started writing this historical fiction novel that there would be so much research involved. I have a new respect for people who write this as their genre because even the smallest details matter and must be right and consistent with the time period in which your story is set. I had thought I had researched everything but then a friend of mine reminded me about things I had forgotten so in a way I opened a can of worms so to speak. I finally got started today and so far so good I think this story will flow nicely and will tell itself. That's what I do I let a story tell itself it can't feel forced. Now that I have an idea what I am writing I can give away some details. I decided that I am writing a story set in 1870s America and it will be a love story that starts out with the female character and male character talking about their own stories and situations that's to get you familiar with them as people and then they start to come together in a real romance. It's not going to be all happily ever after and roses there will be real challenges and roadblocks placed in their path and real emotions involved. That's why there was so much research life in Victorian America was detailed and complicated in a way society dictated that things had to be a certain way but I think this story will be worth it. I'm getting really excited about it I will try and finish it as fast as I can so I can let others read it too but that all depends on the story and how fast it will let itself be told I can't control or force that because I learned a long time ago that you get a crappy story when that happens. I really hope the end product will be worth the wait.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

Sounds great! Enjoy it, I'll look forward to reading it. :)