A LONG chapter in my life has now been closed and I can move forward. I found out last night that I will not be able to carry my own kids without invasive medical procedures which my husband and I are not willing to put ourselves through when there are children out there already born who need good parents and good homes. We are okay with adoption it was just nice to get answers because when I was sixteen and starting to be diagnosed with these problems I was always told maybe and that helped me hold out hope which in a way was more detrimental than being told well it is possible but it would take a lot of medical intervention and a lot of expense. Damian and I have healed and we are ready to move forward and we are not willing to put ourselves through all kinds of procedures and be poked like lab rats just to have a child. Our next steps though is for him to go through DVR which will help him get his bipolar under control and help him with school. I am looking for a job again so we can start to get our legs under us and then we will start the adoption process. We'll get there it's a step at a time.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amanda, I'm so excited for you guys! Adoption is long and stressful-at-times journey, but worth every minute!
I can't wait for this chapter of your lives to begin!
HUGS!!!
Post a Comment