Sunday, August 30, 2009
He who is without sin cast the first stone
I wasn't going to do this but some events have happened lately that have really gotten me steamed. It seems that in some opinions if Damian or I make a mistake like we have in the past then we get to have those mistakes rubbed in our faces while everyone else is free to make as many as they like. Am I the only one who feels that is messed up? Granted Damian has had a hard time getting and keeping a job in the past but does that mean he is doomed to never being able to hold a job for as long as he lives? I don't think so. He admitted he had issues and problems and guess what he has been taking steps to correct those issues and problems and learn to handle the world so he can go out there and get and KEEP a job. Get off his back all ready. I'm proud of him for reaching a point where he stopped quitting on himself and acknowledged he needed help and more importantly for getting it so he can reach a place where he is not only ready but willing to work to provide for his family. I think that behavior should be encouraged not discouraged by reminding him of past blunders. As for me I know I have flunked out of college and when I went back the second time I had to bow out for financial reasons I am well aware of this fact. I don't need anyone telling me when I tell them my dreams of going back and finishing rubbing this in my face. My not finishing college was not due to any lack of intelligence on my part it was downright immaturity plain and simple. I had been so accustomed to a strict classroom environment that the freedom college offered was too new for me so instead of acting like an adult and studying and doing what I needed to do I went off to goof around at the library on the internet or didn't show up at all for class. That was my fault and I take responsibility for that but I was 18-20 for Pete's sake which I'm not anymore let it go. I have the maturity level for college I have since lived in the real world with bills and responsibilities and crappy jobs. Did it ever occur to anyone that if I went back and fulfilled my passion in life and was able to teach in a daycare that I would be happy and that I could better take care of my family than by working a mediocre minimum wage job. Did it occur to anyone to be positive and support my efforts to better myself and my life? Did it occur to anyone that we might need encouragement and support instead of having our past rubbed in our faces? We are trying to change our lives and ourselves. I also feel that no one is perfect why is it that we allow for that in our interactions with people we take them for who they are mistakes and all. You know we may just want the same courtesy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You go, girl!
Post a Comment