I have been so blessed my whole life with friends that have been so wonderful and giving and kind and who have done so much for me and I haven't always appreciated it as I should. Well, I certainly do now after having several fake friends who really could care less about you as long as they got what they wanted and needed. Well thankfully I have had a second chance with many of them and I have been so thankful for that. Today out of the blue a long lost friend took me out to Azteca so we could eat and chat before she and kids leave for Oklahoma. It was so good to see her and catch up and that's when I realized that if I had been a more vigilant friend in the first place I would have NEVER let 8 years pass by without seeing her or speaking to her. I made a vow right then and there that I would NEVER do that again. I gave her my phone number, blog, email and her husband is one of my facebook friends so I made sure to cover ALL my bases. As I have grown up and gone through my life I'm realizing how much of an asset a REAL friend is someone who knows you and loves you anyway and you don't have to pretend to be someone you aren't. I have been realizing how blessed I have truly been to have had friends who just aren't party buddies and once high school is done so is the friendship my friends are tried and true pals who have seen me at my lowest and at my highest they have nursed me through heartache and have celebrated my successes. They are what a friend is defined as being and I have decided that I am going to do more to let them know I appreciate all they have done for me. I can't thank them enough but I can be better about keeping them in my life and making sure they know that I value them and their time and their love and friendship.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And not to mention, she and I are related!!! You'll always be able to contact her!!!
Great to see you today...sorry about the messy house!
Oh Amanda, you are such a sweetheart. I had so much fun getting together with you and I realized recently the same lesson. Real friends are hard to find and for some reason, difficult to keep track of as we get into life. Thankfully I have a good husband and a loving HF who brought you back into my life. Loves!
Post a Comment