Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm grateful for Facebook

I am really grateful for facebook for a couple of simple but wonderful reasons the first being that I can communicate better with many of my family members who have accounts and second it has allowed me to come back into contact or stay in contact with many of my friends. I have always been a shy person for the most part and have had to work on that my whole life but I haven't realized until now how many friends a shy person can have. Yesterday I met up with my friend Stanna from highschool at the Spokane Valley Rosauers although the NEXT time we meet we will be specific as to where she was inside waiting for twenty minutes I was outside waiting for twenty minutes no I'm not kidding. We went to her apartment for awhile so I could meet her husband and three kids and we got along well it was like we had always known each other. Then the kids were driving her nuts come to find out she is a stay a home mom so her husband booted us out for awhile so we could just do something by ourselves. Ahhh, what a sweet husband!!! We just hung out at the mall, she introduced me to crisp bean burritos and they are so good better than the beef ones and I'm a BIG meat eater and we shared some cheesy tots that way we didn't feel guilty for each eating a whole one. Then we just walked the mall and talked it was really fun. We had kinda been friends in highschool more of a friend of a friend deal but lately we have been catching up and talking and have been realizing how much we have in common. I also have been figuring out that there is also a reason why Heavenly Father has decided that now is the time for my friends to come back into my life. In this case, Stanna needs my help to try and convince a mutual friend that her life is worth living she has always had issues with her self esteem but in the last several years she is hanging on to life but just by a thread, in fact I thought she was dead and I was worried that she might be because when I saw her a few years ago she was small and frail and scared of her own shadow. When Stanna told me she was alive I asked this friend of ours to add me as a friend on facebook so I can message her and talk to her. I hope she does and I hope that between Stanna and I we can convince her that life is worth living and that she needs to stop being a prisioner in her own home and find a counselor that will listen to her needs and will help her. We can't do everything for her but we can be friends and we can love her and help her understand that even if she doesn't think she is worth it we think she is and that we think she is worth our time and effort. All I can do is pray that she can hang on long enough and that somehow someway we can get a breakthrough.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Isn't it so nice to have good friends??? When you find a good friend you have to hold on tight. So many people in this world don't know how to be a good friend!!!! I can see that you are! Your friends are lucky to have you! Even if they are going through struggles in life you are still there for them, and don't turn on them!!!