Monday, June 8, 2009

Thinking thoughts of dad

This June hasn't hit me as hard as all the others have every year I dread the month of June granted something wonderful happened to me in that month I got married but on the other hand there is the anniversary of my dad's death and our car accident, his birthday and his burial and Father's day all within a couple weeks of each other and for a long time that has been a lot for me to handle all at once. However, this year I have done a lot better I don't know why maybe because it has been 19 years now and time has been slowly helping it be a little better although I still miss him. Maybe it's because I have the peace of my faith to comfort me and I'm trying hard to accept that he is gone and nothing will bring him back. I don't know what it is all I know is that this year was a little bit easier although I did reminisce and I did remember him and I did shed a small tear or two. However, what I am trying to do is carry on his legacy as a way to honor him he loved people very much. He would give the shirt off his back to someone in need and he taught me that love all my life. I watched him always and he never failed to show love and compassion and forgiveness. In fact I can pretty much guarantee that he has forgiven the man who was driving drunk who hit us. That's just the man that he was. I miss him dearly but at the same time I know that as much as I need him God must have needed him more so I do my best to carry on and move one foot in front of the other and try to be cheerful and happy and do my best. Dad would want that for me he would want me to live my life to the fullest and get joy out of it and a few laughs.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

I'm glad you're able to reminisce and think of all your dad was and gave you through his example, as well as all you want to be to honor who he was.
Sending hugs your way during this harder time of year.