Saturday, June 6, 2009

Will be able to afford Hawaii

Damian and I have NOT given up our dream of going to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary to renew our wedding vows BUT come to find out the month of June when our anniversary is is also peak season in Hawaii. Just when I got discouraged and was about to scrap the idea my friend suggested I go in the off season still decent weather BUT also more bang for my buck. So, I looked say in January and I found out that we can get two round trip airline tickets and 4 nights in a nice hotel with fridge and microwave for 1,549 dollars. I couldn't believe how cheap that is. We also are going to save money by being able to go to a grocery store buy some food and heat it up in our hotel that works for me. We figure the whole trip should cost no more than 2,359 that's less than what our flights and hotel would have cost us during the off season so I am so excited!!! We just might be able to make this happen after all. I also found what I want to wear for the vow renewal ceremony at Catherines it's a blue tropical print jacket dress I think it will be fun to wear something tropical themed. Damian was a little disappointed that we couldn't be doing this ON our anniversary but he has learned to accept it and it still will be a trip of a lifetime.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

That's awesome, you really can get such better deals in the off season. Just tell Damian this'll mean you guys will have not one, but two special days a year to celebrate, right? ;) You can never celebrate your marriage too much, no matter what the season right?