Saturday, June 13, 2009

Enrichment Night and other random events

I usually DO NOT attend our ward's relief society enrichment nights I just haven't had interest. I did this week though with my new friend that I made recently in church Roxanne and I am glad I did. The meeting was about finding ways to organize our lives, our homes and inexpensive things you can do to entertain your kids for the summer. Well I don't have kids but I got a lot of good ideas about how to organize things better I also found some fun stuff to do in Spokane that I didn't even know existed and I have lived her MY WHOLE LIFE. I brought home lots of ideas so any of you with kids can ask me if you want some ideas. I also am really glad I met Roxanne Damian is her and her husband's home teacher and she just came up to me one Sunday and invited us over for dinner and then she volunteered to pick me up for enrichment. She and I had just barely met but we talked as if we had known each other for years. She is a really good person and I'm glad I met her, going to relief society will be more fun now with someone to sit next to. I had been sitting alone since my mother in law got her primary calling. I also had a good time this morning I didn't think I would but I did. We got up early for a Saturday around 8 and we got picked up and we and some other people from our ward helped mow the lawn of the church grounds etc and it was actually kinda sorta fun. I am glad that they have asked us to help maintain the church grounds in addition to taking turns cleaning the church I think that gives the members a sense of ownership and they will be more likely to treat the church with the respect that it deserves.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

I would so LOVE if you would post some ideas for inexpensive ways to keep the kids entertained this summer!!!
And what kinds of things did you learn there are to do in Spokane that you didn't know before? You've got me real curious....:)