Thursday, June 18, 2009

There Must Be Opposition in all things

I was thinking about this lately no one wants to have bad things happen to them or their family but at the same time I have seen where because I went through something or someone I love went through something we have come out of it better and stronger. I'm going to be bold and put this out there Damian and I had A LOT of problems for a couple of years before we separated. We fought like crazy and the fights were nasty too full of spite and accomplished no other objective other than to hurt one another just because. We didn't know why we did that was just the place we were in at that time. Then it all came to a head and we were separated for 13 months to be exact and we were extremely close to a divorce the papers were signed and we had agreed with the terms of our divorce all that was lacking was the filing and I was just about to do that when Damian asked me to wait. It was then that we came back together and started REALLY talking about why we fell in love, what had happened to us and how we could let it happen. We figured out it boiled down to one thing selfishness we had stopped thinking about what was best for the both of us and our partner and best friend and thought only about what was best for ourselves. We also set some ground rules based on mutual respect and understanding. I'm NOT on a soap box saying we are perfect we are a LONG way from that but things are better. We came out of this stronger and better people and more in love than ever. I think this is because we didn't realize what we had until we almost lost it, we saw that the grass wasn't greener on the other side. We also have learned to treat each other with the respect and understanding that we would want given to us. We have learned to listen and support one another and have learned to respect that we are different people who don't have to share all the same interests. I wouldn't want to go through that immense of pain ever again I really hit rock bottom when we were apart but it was all worth it to experience the sweetness of our relationship as it is right now and we are still working on it all the time. I hope it's even better in a few years than it is right now, that's our goal anyway.

No comments: