Thursday, June 11, 2009

Now we're getting somewhere

FINALLY we are getting somewhere with getting help for Damian's bipolar/depression symptoms. Last summer he went through the wringer emotionally and he couldn't find anyone willing or able to accept his medical coupons so he and I went through a summer of severe ups and downs and mood swings. I was bound and determined that was NOT going to happen this summer. Damian can't handle it last time really wore him down. So I got out the phone book and just started calling luckily for me the first place I called accepted his type of medical coupons and all Damian had to do was call back the next day and talk to them something called an intake appointment where they asked him a bunch of questions. Good news!!! Not only can they help him but they also have openings in 2-4 weeks this sounds like a long time but not compared to last year when we were told that he would have to wait 6 months to a year to get assistance only to find out they didn't have records that Damian had even called them to get an appointment. GRRRR! It was really frustrating so this is good news for the both of us. Damian is hoping he can help get balanced and get straightened out so he can sleep better and function better and hopefully get and keep a job better. I am so grateful that so far our prayers are being answered.

No comments: