Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day is tomorrow so Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there including those with babies on the way. I have been thinking and I have realized I have really been blessed in the dad department, my own dad was a really awesome man and he is missed and my father in law well let's just say I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I all ready have dedicated a whole post to my own dad so it's my father in law's turn. He is a good man he has strong principles and morals along with a warped but good sense of humor once you get to know him. He is on the quiet side but although he doesn't say much sometimes his actions do the speaking for him. Ever since I married his son 9 years ago on June 24th he has been there for me like a father, he treats me as if I am one of his daughter's he treats me with the same respect and love as his own two girls. I appreciate that because that's partly why I missed my dad so much I missed getting fatherly advice and guidance. He has NEVER tried to replace my own father but he has taken good care of me. When I had my old beater of a car it would always break down somewhere so I would call Damian for help and he and dad would immediately come to my rescue without hesitation. I have developed a deep love and respect for this man who is an imperfect being but he is doing the best that he can. He raised two wonderful sons and two beautiful daughters and he has taught his sons by example how to be a good husband and how to treat a lady with respect and he has taught his daughters how they are to be treated by their own husbands. He is a big man and because of this he kind of intimadated me at first but then I realized that he may appear to be gruff at first but he is really a big teddy bear once you get to know him. He has taken good care of me that's for sure and I have learned to rely on him and trust him. I also love how he rides a motorcycle all summer and fall long and how he is in his leather and how he seems to be the "wild" motorcycle gang type if they only knew the real him the man who loves his God, his country and his family. I am grateful I fell in love with Damian and have been blessed to be Gary Impett's daughter in law.

No comments: