Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Season of Babies

Lately I have been finding out that more and more people that I know are pregnant. I'm okay with that just so you know with a full and joyful heart I can say Congratulations and I hope you and your baby are well. You would think that I would be depressed I used to be but not anymore because I'm understanding there is a time and a season for all things and it's not my time or season yet. I have been in constant prayer about it since about Mother's Day because for awhile all the ducks were lining up pretty good for us but then everything came to a grinding and discouraging halt. Then I realized that there must be a good reason for having to wait and come to find out there is along with Damian's bipolar symptoms there seems to be anger issues and one of his triggers is stress when he gets stressed he has a melt down. What does a baby bring sometimes although they are loved and it's worth it sleep deprivation and stress? Damian has a doctor's appointment on July 2nd and we have talked about it in great length and he understands that if he wants to be a father he has to cooperate and get his bipolar under control. I have every confidence that he will be able to do just that and we can continue to finish getting the rest of our ducks in a row. I am not sure whether I will have my own babies or be the adopted mother of them I don't know yet but I'm okay with either one. My heart is being prepared right now to stretch and grow so I can take on whatever it is that I will need to do. I just have to exercise patience and faith in my knowledge that I have not been forgotten or forsaken I just need to be patient for a bit longer. Meanwhile I enjoy being an aunt to my darling nieces and nephews I all ready have and I will give just as much to the new one coming later this Fall. I also can heartily congratulate my friends who are having babies and all those I know who are having babies. Now is their season but I have been learning patience and faith as I have been waiting for my season and I know it will come I don't know when but I know it will. I'm okay with learning patience and faith I need these qualities to be a good mother which is what I want so I will take this time to learn those attributes and prepare myself in other ways as well the time I am being asked to wait will no longer be wasted.

1 comment:

Renee' P said...

I KNOW exactly how you feel darling. It's the hardest thing to WANT to be a mother and it's not happening.
Heavenly Father DOES have a plan for you and Damian.
I just wanted to tell you that I do know how you feel.