Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I feel like I'm being tested to my limit
Ever feel like you have been tested to your breaking point and to your limit? I have felt that way recently....let me explain I hope I don't sound melodramatic in the process. Back 10 years ago just as I was graduating high school I decided to do something stupid and date this guy. He was kinda creepy to everyone else but I was "in love" with him why I still don't know. Well, anyway we dated a few months and we were talking of getting married although he was starting to exhibit some really controlling behaviors and was starting to take me away from everyone and everything that I love including my faith. Well, thankfully I had some good friends that helped me break it off with him end of story right yea I wish.A few years later my husband, Damian worked with him when they worked at Laidlaw together. He hadn't forgotten about me and he and Damian almost came to blows over what he was saying about me. He was asking if he had a shot at getting back with me things like that. Then they both stopped working together and I thought that at long last he had stopped trying to track me and that he would leave me alone that is why I was changing my phone numbers so much he had managed to get a couple of my phone numbers as well as where I worked and my address. I was wrong he had managed to track my whereabouts to my current location of Airway Heights. Well, I had had some counseling and I had finally decided to take a stand enough was enough so I sent him a message asking him to leave me alone and telling him that if he didn't that I would not have a problem alerting the proper authorities that he was harrassing me. End of that saga I thought well not exactly, Damian and I have been trying to get a better job at Durham Bus Services as bus attendants we are working only part time anyway so we decided that at Durham it would be still part time but we would be paid more and we would have much better hours and no weekends. We walked in to talk to them and put in the application and also we were told that we would be called for a training class whenever one would start. I wanted to be excited but I couldn't be because my ex was working there we saw him sitting right there in the break room. Every part of me wanted to turn around and run and it tested my strength and my resolve to stand up for myself and to stop living in fear of him. Thankfully Damian was standing behind me and he wouldn't let me turn around. I don't know yet what will become of that but I do know that for some reason the Lord is testing me and right now it feels like he is testing me to my limit but I also know that I have to remember what all I learned in counseling. I have to stand firm and strong and stand up for myself knowing that this creep for lack of a better word and he is he has been arrested for preying on women feeds on fear so as tough as it may be I will need to put all this behind me and not let him get to me and not let him tear me down again. I have to keep in mind that he can't hurt me anymore he can't do anything to me and that I am not powerless, I am grateful however for my friends who literally saved my life when they convinced me to break it off with him I have no doubt that he would have not let me leave had I married him, to him women especially women that he has dated are his property and he owns them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad Damian was there to protect you! No one messes with MY cousin!
Post a Comment