Friday, October 31, 2008

I Believe in Miracles

I can now say that I definitely believe in miracles...I have believed before but I do now after what happened last night. Months ago I accidently said something to one of my sister in law's that really hurt her and she hung up on me...I had not meant to hurt her by what I had said but I did deeply and we hadn't spoken in a long long time. Well I recently found out that she is 6 months pregnant with a little boy and I knew that enough time had passed I needed to try and make an attempt to make things right with her I didn't know how she would react but I swallowed my pride said a little prayer took a deep breathe and called her. We made things right and had a nice chat so hopefully we are okay again and I can see them I miss her and my brother very much. I did learn though that sometimes even when someone says they are okay that when they have experienced heart ache or pain that you still need to be sensitive to them and their feelings and try to place yourself in their shoes. I keep praying that we can keep a relationship going I don't like it when I am at odds with anyone in my family....it makes me sad. I am also hoping they will allow me to get to know my nephew just as well as I have been able to get to know Lexus. I do not play favorites I have enough room in my heart for all of my nieces and nephews both those I have now and those I may have in the future. That's the best part about the human heart it can stretch and grow and can include everyone if someone will only let it.

1 comment:

Renee' P said...

I am proud of you for taking that step to reconcile w/your Sister-in-law. It takes a lot!
Of course you can love so much and so many children at once!
Congrats to you new Auntie!