I know I'm going to sound like the biggest nerd but get used to it I don't care, I love my niece, Lexus and I'm not ashamed to admit it. It all started out with my talking to my sister for a little bit last night then my mom I just wanted to see how her week had been and let her know I was thinking of her. Then it snowballed to my finding out my grandma that lives in Seattle was coming for the weekend and Damian and I getting to go to Greenbluff with them all so Lexus can play in a pumpkin patch for awhile and also to us being able to have Sunday dinner with them all which we haven't been able to do in awhile. I'm excited for a couple of reasons first and foremost I haven't seen my cutie patotie niece since late August just as she was starting to really learn how to walk and now she is walking all over the place and to be honest I really miss her. I hear word that she misses me too so that's sweet, I love how she smiles when she sees me and how she waves at me and blows me kisses she definitely will break some hearts one day that is for darn sure. Also I am excited because my grandma is coming for the weekend and she is a really neat lady both my grandma's are awesome people. So I think this weekend will be a good one. My sister also told me Lexus is going to be a dog this year for Halloween she already tried on her costume complete with floppy little ears and a little face makeup under her eye to look like a spot how cute. My sister promised me some pictures so I hope she delivers I gotta see that. That costume will be perfect for her as Lexus loves dogs she should she lives with two of them so she has been used to them for her whole life so far. I love being an auntie especially since my sister really cooperates with us and makes sure we can see her as often as possible she understands life gets busy and hectic but she is great about making sure we get to see her as often as we can. She doesn't use her as a pawn or a manipulation tool so that's nice and she doesn't mind that Lexus is forming a bond with me and with Damian as well. I love Lexus dearly but would never try and replace myself with her mother I just want to be in her life to love her and care about her. I'm glad my sister knows that and doesn't feel threatened so all in all I have a lot of joy in my heart being able to be Lexus' auntie. Now if only Damian's sister Heather would feel the same way and let us see her son, our nephew who is over 2 years old now and all we have seen of him is pictures but that's another story SIGH!! I keep praying because it will take a literal miracle but miracles do happen on occasion.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment