Today was a pretty blah day to be honest I didn't want to get up I didn't want to get showered much less dress up and go to church. I love the Lord and I love my ward but today I was pretty much in the doldrums...well that changed by 3:45 this afternoon. On fast Sundays our ward holds a break the fast potluck at 4 since we usually finish by 3:30 no biggie I was looking forward to eating who doesn't if they are perfectly honest. Well, anyway I had just gotten done with my meeting and I was looking for Damian to get out of his so we could meet up and get a table together..when the bishop approached me and asked me if Bro. Bethel or Bro. Hussin had found me yet and I said "no why" and he said that they needed to talk to Damian and I for a few minutes. The first thing that popped into my head was ut oh what did they need me to do. So anyway, I was asked to be a co teacher for the Sunbeam class and I said yes right away anyone who knows me knows I LOVE children especially the little ones they have so much energy and passion and every discovery and thing is so new and exciting to them. He just looked at me and asked if I was sure that they thought of me and prayed on it and knew I was just the right person because a lot of the mothers in the ward noticed how kind and loving I was to their young toddlers and children. I said "yes, I would LOVE to then I said FINALLY I had been praying for a calling like this for nine years!!!" he laughed and said "okay, then we will set you apart in two weeks since next week is stake conference. I am so excited!!!! I'm going to love this so much. He just wanted Damian in there so that way he knew about my calling and could support me. Today turned right around I went from not wanting to go to being so thankful and grateful that I came.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun for you!
That's really cool Amanda, I'm sure you will be great with the Sunbeams! And you're so right, what a fun age, oh the things you learn from little Sunbeams. ;)
Post a Comment