Something told me today to start looking for anniversary songs for Damian's parents and their anniversary...I have never done that before but something told me to do that today so I am. I have found so many wonderful ones starting with the classics sung by Kenny Rogers but I have found some that I have never heard of but they all have a common theme staying together and loving each other even when the times were hard. I think Damian and I could draw a lot of inspiration from these songs....it's so easy to be in love the first little while but then life happens and it can be easy to forget why you came together in the first place. That's where it becomes important to do your best to not let that happen. The last song I found for his parents struck a real chord with me...Damian and I have been together a decade come the end of November that's when I met him was November 1999 I can't believe it's been that long. It has been up and down but I wouldn't trade it for anything...I haven't loved anyone like I have loved him. This song reminds us of that that when we got married it wasn't just that day that we promised each other we would stay married but all the days that followed even when it would get hard and the honeymoon was long over.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment