Thursday, September 17, 2009

In the Hollow of Thy Hand

I would be so ungrateful to all the blessings I have received if I didn't acknowledge their source..I have really felt the Lord's presence in every aspect of my life, my husband's life and our life together as a family. We are being asked to walk by faith but we are doing so and finding around every turn where the Lord has guided someone to bless our lives in some new wonderful way. First off Damian's counselor is wonderful it took some time to get him fully started but now the change in him is ginormous and it's been so great to have him be in a better mental state. I feel now that I can lean on my husband as the Priesthood holder in our home and it's a wonderful feeling as a lot of the burden on me has eased. I feel it even as I am listening to the promptings of the Lord to NOT work at this moment in time which is hard to do when my husband isn't working yet...talk about walking in faith. However, as we have prayerfully heeded this counsel and Damian has earnestly prayed about our welfare he is currently being assisted in finding work. We have no doubt that as long as we remain faithful and listen to the Lord he will be guided to work the Lord knows what our needs are. We feel it most profoundly in two major areas...we still can't believe how much we are being helped by the Lord it's more than we had hoped for. We have had to live in sub standard apartments run by slum lords because that was all we could afford until we could get our legs under us enough to not only pay off our bills but our debts too..well that will no longer be a burden. In our ward a gentleman by the name of Bro. Raimeriz and his wife own an apartment complex on the corner of Sprague and Havana. He knows of our situation and how our trailer is literally falling apart so he is willing to do what he can to get us into a two bedroom apartment when our current lease is up. He said he felt compelled to do this for us so we could have a safe place to live and that he is willing to give us the benefit of the doubt that we are good people who got into a bad situation. I'm so thankful to the Lord for working through this man to lift an extremely heavy burden. The rent will be about what we are going to be paying after the first of the year but it won't be a drafty poorly insulated trailer so our power bill will be much less. The last is in our marriage and how willing Damian is to step up to his role of Priesthood holder, husband and provider. I'm so grateful now that I have a great marriage that has been getting better and better and how Damian has been given the strength he needs to take on those roles and to help shoulder my burdens as well as his own. It's because of this that my stress is less and I have not had any anxiety attacks because my dear husband has been able to keep them in check and keep me from freaking out. We are still walking with faith he doesn't have work yet but we also know that the Lord will not forsake us as long as we are pursuing righteous desires. My husband's desire for employment is a good and righteous one and he is working with employment agencies etc to do this part and we know that when that happens we do our part the Lord will cover the rest.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

How wonderful that you have people in your ward helping to look out for you. That will be great for that to work out for you guys. :)