Thursday, January 29, 2009

God Works in Mysterious Ways Sometimes

First off let me say this I am still awed and amazed at how Heavenly Father works and arranges things. Things have happened in the last several months that have tested a principle for me that has helped increase my faith and capacity for love and understanding. I don't have a problem forgiving and letting bygones be bygones people make mistakes and things happen that's not an issue. The issue for me is to pray for the people who have wronged me for lack of a better word although that's not the best word either and to sincerely pray for them and their happiness. I tried this recently and to my amazement as I prayed for them and their wellbeing my anger actually subsided. I actually started to genuninely wish them well and pray they would be. I also have learned that now that I am armed with this lesson that Heavenly Father has put me back on a collision course to meet up with someone whom I told myself I was done dealing with. I now don't feel that way and I feel like I can wipe the slate clean and of course set up some boundaries but fair boundaries like a no gossip rule what so ever on both sides along with a rule to not pry and respect each other's privacy so that way lying and hurting each other is not deemed necessary. I don't know how it will work out but either way I have learned the way Heavenly Father wants us to forgive and I have learned why he has asked us to pray for people we have deemed to be our enemies and for the people who have hurt us. Either way I'm also thankful for the humility I have recieved in learning that I am not a perfect being and in learning how to more fully forgive and feel love in my heart even for someone who is not easy to love.

No comments: