Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ode to my niece and to my little nephew who is on his way

This post is dedicated to the two little ones who are in my life well one that will be very soon who have and will do much to heal up my heart over not being able to have little ones of my very own. My heart has always ached to be a mother and I was blessed with lots of love when it comes to children for me it's natural for me to see a baby and want to smile and coo at it although when I do so often times I look silly but I don't really care. Lexus Madison O'Hara was born almost 20 months ago and that day was the beginning of a really special bond between her and I. I had mixed emotions I must admit all during my sister's pregnancy however most times I was almost as excited as they were especially when my sister let me witness the ultrasound where they found out they were having a little girl and when I got to feel her kicking. I was there at the hospital even before Lexus had been born an hour and I got to hold her she was healthy and strong and a very content baby, she still is. I left for a little while but came back that evening and she was bright eyed and happy to be passed around from one adoring person to the next. I was there for her first couple months of life too and enjoyed being able to hold her, change her and even assist with feeding her from time to time. I felt love for her soar and grow within me such love as I never thought could be possible and the long held wound over not having my own baby slowly began to heal and I found a way to still love and protect this little one. My sister and brother in law have been overall supportive of this close bond I have with this sweet little girl they know that the more love a child has the better off they will be. My theory is that it takes a whole family to raise a child and Lexus will grow up knowing she is loved and supported. Now she is becoming a little person and learning and growing each day, she does and says things that sometimes are cute and sometimes she gets into trouble. She is laughing and hugging and blowing kisses and starting to know the people in her life and wanting to play and interact with them. I am amazed at how quickly she is growing and how well she is doing and my heart loves her more. She knows her Auntie and comes to me readily and we are starting to share a very special bond. I also have a little nephew that is coming in early Spring and although he hasn't come yet I'm eagerly awaiting his arrival and I can't wait to meet him. I know that I will love him too just as much and I hope that we too will share a special bond and that he too will know how much I love him and that I will love him just as much as his cousin. God may not have blessed me with a baby of my own but he has been good to me giving me two precious gifts and being an auntie has been a wonderful life changing experience for me. My cup has runneth over and my days of being an auntie have just begun.

1 comment:

Jason and Lissa said...

You have a big heart with a lot of love to share. It's one of your best qualities.