Monday, December 15, 2008

Surviving Artic Temps

Brrrrrrr it is freezing here in Spokane yesterday it got up to a balmy 9 degrees here in Airway Heights and it is going to be cold for quite a few more days. I don't mind the several inches of snow outside but I can do without the bitter cold. It makes me just want to curl up and hibernate but I have to get up and get moving. I am thankful I got the last piece of plastic up on our windows just in time we have really felt comfortable in here and haven't had to crank up the heat too much I couldn't imagine how much we would have to turn the heat up if all of our windows were not covered. I offer as evidence that we would not be too comfortable without the plastic the fact that one night part of the plastic on one window was torn and that window and that window only managed to freeze solid. None of the other windows have so I am thinking that if we didn't have the plastic up all the windows would have frozen solid and we would have been pretty darn uncomfortable. We are also celebrating a simple Christmas this year but in light of the current temps I'm not whining anymore to me it's enough to just have warmth and a warm place to live and plenty to eat. It's amazing how fast I get some gratitude when the temperatures drop.

No comments: