This year more than most I am really struggling to try and remember why Christmas is celebrated. I have the gifts bought and waiting until they can be wrapped I have Christmas card to fill out you know the usual but this year I feel empty inside although I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I am forgetting a crucial element remembering Christ and that he's the reason we celebrate in the first place. I feel a little bit better once I attended a Relief Society Christmas program in my grandma's ward it was really well done and it helped remind me of what is really important. I feel more centered now and less chaotic and hectic Christmas isn't about the gifts that are given or the cards that are made or even about the goodies eaten although all this is nice it is about celebrating the life of Jesus Christ and about being with our loved ones and loving each other. I think as I struggle to make new Christmas traditions and remember some of the old that I will try and find ways to remember this and make it all a part of my future celebrations. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment