Monday, December 29, 2008

I have the best boss in the world or at least in my opinion!!!!!!!!

I think that I might have the best boss ever and let me tell you why. I finally got up the nerve to call about a job that I had seen for months and possibly even years in the newspaper when I got fed up with Venture Data's crap and being treated like a drone and like I don't even matter at all. Well, I did and I got a job selling Cutco the best part being that it's all no pressure I get paid just to come over and do a one hour demo if someone buys something cool but if not it's okay they don't have to. I started training and started to love what I'm going to do. Then I ran into a problem I got really sick and had a dilemma before me do I show up and train knowing my concentration wasn't the best or do I risk my job and be sick. I decided in light of the fact that I would be using sharp knives that one time had put my manager into the ER for a day that I would stay home. I called bracing for the worst okay I was thinking bye bye job it was good while it lasted but nope my manager was kind about it and told me to just get better and call when I had and he told me to take my time. I did 4 days later I was over being sick with the flu nasty bug anyway so I called back and he scheduled me again to catch up. Problem arose, the weather I waited outside in 9 degree weather for over an hour for a bus that for some reason never came. Finally hurting all over from being frozen I was in a skirt mind you I went inside and called. I explained what had happened and the first thing they asked me was not when can you come in and work but was I okay. I told them I was and apologized but they again told me I had done all I could do I couldn't control the weather. Then he yelled at me for endangering myself and told me that he appreciated my trying to get there but it was not worth endangering myself to go train. Then I was supposed to go the next day and yea 3 feet of snow came and the buses out here were not running so I called again and left a couple of messages and again no problems. Then we had Christmas and more snow so I am thinking and worrying crap I lost my job. Well, today I called to check in and guess what my manager is the best not only have I not lost my job and I am scheduled to finish the last bit of my training by the end of this week but he is happy that I am okay and that we are dug out for the most part and that buses out here are at least running. I am so grateful now for a boss who actually cares because all the bosses at Venture didn't and I had a hard time respecting them. I am not trying to get away with anything I was really sick and I can't control what the weather does and I'm glad that he knows that and that he showed respect for me in not forcing me to choose being being sick or risking life and limb to be at work no matter what. I can work my butt off for a manager like that because even in the short time I have talked to him and gotten to know him I respect him and his leadership and how I'm actually a human not a drone. I wish more employers actually cared about their employees I think more people would actually be loyal to their jobs and work harder. I know I'm going to because I want to show him that I appreciate that he worked with me and that he let me keep my job.

No comments: