Today was my grandma's annual Christmas brunch the same brunch she has had every year and with the same menu and Christmas decorations since long before I was born. As I've gotten older I have realized how warm and comforting Grandma's house is and maybe that's because nothing changes it's familiar and I have tons of memories of that house and things we have done there and family times shared. The miracle is this first off my family has been splintered apart by bickering and fighting and we came together and enjoyed each other. The second miracle is this my brother and Amber not only joined us but they freely gave hugs and handshakes and my brother willingingly helped with the dishes along side me. They are having a baby boy in late February or early March and they were telling us about that I am excited and happy for them. They will only tell us his first name will start with a G and that his middle name will be Wayne and his last name will be Christensen. That made my heart leap that Geoff is continuing that name tradition with his son just as my grandpa and dad had done. Our family has a lot of work ahead of us before we are fully unified but today was a good step in that direction and I feel that at least for Christmas our family is at peace. We also glued together to get Grandma and Grandpa a night out at Black Angus and two movie tickets. Grandma was so elated as Grandpa doesn't like to get out much and Grandpa kinda grumbled about the money we all spent but Grandma and I told him that we all chipped in equally together to get them a nice gift. Sigh!! He'll get over being grumpy Grandma said so all in all it was a good day.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment