All this snow has been real fun out here NOT!! Yesterday thank goodness though I had the sense to look outside and once I noticed that the sidewalks were impassable I made the call into work where I was supposed to finish my training so I can go out and sell Cutco knives and let them know I was snowed in. It wasn't more than an hour later when I learned that even if I had managed to get out my front door and cross Highway 2 to get to Yokes which by the way would not have been an easy task it wouldn't have done me any good bus service out here has been suspended until further notice. Thankfully I wasn't like some of the idiots Damian saw out there waiting for a bus because like them I would have been waiting a good long time. So I called work again and let them know that bus service has been suspended out here until further notice and I don't know when it will be operational again. I didn't get a call back which was unusual so my bet is that they had closed their office as well. So I'm standed for awhile but that's okay we have a warm cozy house, plenty of food and thanks to my brave husband who did so much yesterday to help us and his folks and aunt and some neighbors shovel out plenty of milk because to repay him his dad took him to Wal-Mart in dad's truck and I had Damian get 3 gallons of milk. That sounds like overkill maybe but I don't know how long this crap will last and I was surprised yesterday how much food prep requires you to have milk so I figured between that and drinking it that will be enough until we can get dug out. We were supposed to go to my Grandma's on Saturday and like I told her yesterday we would try but I can't control what Spokane Transit decides to do they have suspended bus service out here because most areas of Spokane have recieved up to about 3 feet depending on where you are in Spokane of snow within 24 hours and they have deemed it unsafe for most buses to travel and that has hardly ever happened as long as I have been alive. Hopefully we all get dug out soon.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment