This afternoon my husband grabbed his sleeping bag, pillows and he can't forget his pop, chips, dip, baking potatoes and two large steaks weighing in at about three quarters of a pound a piece. I waved to him as he loaded all this into his dad's truck so they could head off to his house and meet up with Damian's brother. Yep, today is the day of the annual Impett men campout...it was supposed to happen in May but had to rescheduled so Damian's dad scheduled two nights starting tonight and lasting until Tuesday morning. I know little about what happens on these campouts....Damian is sworn to secrecy kinda a what happens on the campout stays between them kinda deal. i do know that the steak and potato dinner is a tradition and in that family the size of the steak matters...one year being new to this I bought normal sized steaks and Damian didn't hear the end of it from his dad and brother so every year I get him his big steaks, potatoes and snacks and pop and kiss him good bye and send him off on his merry way. I have no idea what happens on such outings and even after all these years of marriage I still miss him but I won't dream of not letting him go because I do know that when Damian comes home he is happy and cheerful and that tells me that he had a great time. Also it is a time where the guys can bond together and spend some alone time and I know from losing my dad when I was young how important those times are. I have learned to use this time to have some alone time as well...some time to relax and watch a chic flick or do whatever I want as well. I have also found that during these times I can recharge my batteries and when Damian does come home I once again have enough energy to give him all the love and devotion that he needs.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment