Saturday, August 16, 2008

I hope I have the energy for all this

It's only been two days or so and I am physically and emotionally drained but still I am resolved to see him through this and love and be there for him even at his low points. Today was another nightmare he had another manic outburst where he did and said things he didn't mean and I was literally just about at my wits end I didn't know what to do also he was insisting he didn't need treatment the problem was me yada yada yada I used to take it personal but today was a little easier it helps to try and place myself in his shoes and also know that he is not lashing out at me personally he would have lashed out at anyone or anything for that matter. On the plus side he did calm down rationally enough for awhile that he traded with his friend some computer parts for a decent laptop it isn't blazing fast but it's decent and works for me. Then I did check my email and got some unexpected help from a dear friend of mine who has and is bipolar and he gave me some valuable tips on things I can try to stabilize Damian's moods until we can get him into a doctor and also he gave me the name of the doc that really helped him so we don't know if he is still practicing or not but it's something to go on which was more than I had before also after comparing Damian's symptoms with the classic symptoms of autism and also bipolar it is very possible that Damian was misdiagnosed because he has more of the bipolar symptoms and also some of those symptoms are very similar....I wouldn't be surprised because he was diagnosed when they didn't know as much about Bipolar disorders. Then tonight was a sudden setback he was doing better most of the day but then tonight I was laying down trying to get some sleep when I hear crying and wailing coming out of the living room. It was Damian and he had hit his low point of the episode where all he wanted to do was cry and all I could do was try my best to comfort him. I hope he gets an appointment for treatment soon I don't think either one of us can take much more of this. God please give me the strength and energy and love and patience to get through this because I never realized how draining it all is emotionally and physically and it has only been a couple of days. I'm not meaning to moan and complain but all my feelings have to go somewhere so why not here....I love him dearly though again I just pray that is enough and even right now when he is in a place in his mind where I can't reach him I pray he knows I do and that I'm here and that I'm with him I sure hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you for loving your husband so much! He's lucky! You DO have the strength for this...you wouldn't be tested with it if you didn't.