Thursday, August 7, 2008

Get to see the Blue Angels without the crowds

Damian and I have heard a constant buzzing of aircraft literally over our heads which can only mean one thing the Airforce Base down the highway from us is practicing for Skyfest this weekend. I don't mind I'm getting used to it...and this year the Blue Angels are here and that's really cool...technically the show is Saturday but for those of us lucky enough to live on the flight path we get to see them practice as they fly over our heads quite literally it's really cool. Saturday I will also get to see them perform at my in laws house because they literally will fly close enough for us to see them from the ground on their way to Fairchild Airforce Base and we get to enjoy some yummy steaks my father in law will cook on his grill. Yes, I know we will be missing out on some of the ground stuff but we also won't miss the crowds and as long as i get to see the Blue Angels fly I'm good. Sometimes I love living in Airway Heights.

3 comments:

Jandre said...

Forrest and I went with his company to a private, vip showing of this yesterday. Logan was scared a couple times, but all in all it was pretty neat!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that the BLue Angles' home is the Naval Air Station, Pensacola? They do tons of shows here, and we'll see them practicing when we're one base, or even just when we're sitting down the street at Arby's. They are a real presence here in P-cola. In fact, one of them is in our ward! (of course, he's onlt been here like 2 Sundays since they travel constrantly!)

Jandre said...

yeah, I don't remember thinking anything was snappy about your comment? I don't even remember a comment? it's all good. No worries mate.