Thursday, July 31, 2008

Just a little Clarification

I have been thinking lately about what I do have and despite current difficulties I have quite a lot. I have a loving dear husband, a roof over my head, food and electricity among other conveniences but I also have family members I love and who in their sometimes quirky way love me too and I have dear friends who never cease to surprise or amaze me. I was sitting here this evening feeling sorry for myself it doesn't happen as much anymore as it used to but sometimes I throw myself a one person pity party when all of a sudden on my yahoo messenger a friend messages me. We got to talking in great length and I don't know how she does it but she made me feel better another perfectly good pity party spoiled just kidding but it did help that she was able to help get me back on track. Then tonight another friend messaged me out of the blue and we had a really good conversation that surprised me but felt great. I didn't mean in my rant to imply that I am not grateful for the friends that I do have or that I don't love the friends that I have. I just want to make that clear I cherish my friendships and will do what I can for a friend to be there for them. All I meant was that I don't like dishonesty in any form and when someone is fake even when they are trying to spare someone's feelings it is a form of lying and I don't like it....don't act like you want to be my best friend if you don't we can be civil but cut the act please for both our sakes. Also I no longer wish to engage in idle gossip or endless drama with anyone a little is fine but in excess it can hurt people and I don't wish to hurt anyone especially people that I love and care about. I love it when I can be real with a friend and really share how I feel and what I think and likewise they share with me not because they feel that they have to but because they feel safe and comfortable talking and sharing with me. I also feel really good when I not only help a friend out but they reciprocate not because I am selfish that way but because that's what a friendship is it is about give and take and helping each other out. I get really annoyed when I give to a friend all that I have and they keep taking but don't give anything back that's what I basically was meaning. I am asking for respect and true friendship and loyalty and honesty in my friendships and in return that is what you will recieve from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I IM you. But I just thought it would be nice to say hello. It was really good talking to you and you can IM me anytime or email me rsp80@yahoo.com. I'm glad that I have your blog now. I know what you mean about giving to friends and not recieving anything back. I have been used so many times by friends in the past. Keep smiling. You are a strong, amazing woman!