Saturday, July 19, 2008

Men's Clothing Sizes Make Way More Sense

I got really bored this morning so I got up got in my car and went to Wal-Mart not the buy anything but to browse and window shop. I know it's crazy but I enjoy just looking and seeing what I would get if I could. I also was noticing my husband's sad state of things when it comes to his clothes. So I wandered away from the housewares and into the men's clothing department. I don't know who decided but years ago it apparantly becamy my job to be his personal shopper so there I was. I looked at dress shirts wrote down a few things and hoped I got the size right (I did!!) and then moved on to dress slacks and jeans along with polo shirts and t-shirts. As I was looking and writing stuff down to talk with him about later I realized how easy it is to shop in the men's department, the dress shirts go based on neck size pretty simple and the pants go based on waist and inseam again really simple. That is the only thing that annoys me about women's clothes a size 14 for example isn't always a size 14 it depends on all kinds of factors maybe that's why my husband has never dared to step a toe in a woman's clothing department. I don't like the colors that are in the men's department for me personally although they would look good on him but I wish they would implement a simpler way to size woman's clothes in that area alone they could copy the men's department.

No comments: