Friday, July 25, 2008

Learning to Trust in a Loving God

Over the last couple of days my faith and trust in God have been tested to the limit and to the max everything I believed and had faith in was shaken and tested. Thankfully, I passed the test and my religious views and faith not only remain intact but are stronger than ever. I have a tendency as a person who has high anxiety to want to question everything and know how everything will work...it's not easy for me to accept the answer of it will without knowing why or how. However, I have been in a situation lately where I have needed to rely on my faith that there is not only a God but that he loves me and knows who I am and that he will answer my prayers. I have done a lot of praying lately not for myself but for a dear loved one of mine praying for guidance and answers and as they came to me I had the faith to try them although conventional wisdom went against what I was being told to do. I was being guided to show more love, meekness and understanding and to answer with softness. The outside world was telling me to be strong and bold and show this person who was boss. Thankfully I listened to the Holy Ghost and what was being whispered to me because when I have this person responded better and I soon found out the reasoning behind their attitude and demeanor and we were able to get to the bottom of the problem with not only our relationship intact but it grew stronger than ever. I am thankful for this lesson about listening to God when we pray for answers and guidance instead of being stubborn and bull headed and trying to have it our way all the time. This was one of many times where I did not know best and if I had done what I wanted to do at first I would have dearly hurt someone that I love.

No comments: