Tuesday, January 15, 2013
School Days are back again
I'm so excited its official I am once again a college student. It took more than a little prodding I will admit I'm very stubborn but thanks to a more stubborn Bishop and Stake President I'm in the Pathways program the LDS church has set up in partnership with BYU-Idaho. Its set up like this my first three semesters I'm in the same two classes as others in my age group. Its my first semester so we're taking a life skills course and the first half of the Book of Mormon. Each semester is designed to help us assimilate to life in college. After we complete the first year we then are able to move on and become full fledged BYU-Idaho students. Its online and I'm loving it so much more than I did a traditional classroom. The work isn't less but I like that I can discuss topics with students all over I think that is just so cool. I know I just got started but I'm learning so much already I've read the Book of Mormon hundreds if not thousands of times over the course of my life but I've never before gotten so much out of it. I am excited to learn more and I really have felt the difference that comes from learning in an environment where the spirit can dwell. I'm feeling my testimony grow so much already its going to be amazing what happens as the semesters progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good job, cuz! Keep it up!
That sounds like an awesome opportunity, Amanda! Have fun!
What an inspiration you are! You just keep on going no matter what! I am so grateful to be along for the ride. You're amazing. Thanks for sharing and good luck!
Loves!
Post a Comment