Sunday, January 20, 2013
My faith and testimony have increased
I am just a few weeks into my studies but I wanted to note just a couple of things that have really changed in my life. I have had to basically walk with faith and walk in faith I have no idea to be honest with you how a lot of things will work out especially since now I can't work full time or even extra shifts like I had been able to before when I've needed to. However, I do know that the Lord knows me, loves me and is mindful of our needs. I truly believe especially as I've started to pay my tithing that my faith and testimony have increased and I know that he will make a way for it all to work out and for it all to be okay. I have learned to let go and let him. I have started a habit of sincerely praying throughout the day as I've needed guidance but especially if a shift at work gets difficult or before I begin my studies. I've noticed a difference I'm calmer I'm not as prone to panic and things go smoother. Not easier always but smoother because I know the Lord is aware of me and he will help me as I do what is right and do my best to follow his commandments and be obedient. For a long time I've been stubbornly doing my own thing and you know I floundered and now that I'm not fighting things are better. I'm doing well so far in my classes and things are going well at work so I have sufficient for my needs right now. I'm so grateful for this inspired Pathways program and I'm so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who knows me and loves me flaws and all. I'm grateful for his hand in my life and for his guidance as I try to improve things and become more self reliant. I'm grateful for the atonement and all that it means and that its because of the atonement that I can turn myself around, repent and attempt to do better when I make mistakes. I also wanted to say thanks for the support and kind words it really does mean a lot because to be honest sometimes I wondered if I had lost my mind to be going back to school when I could have worked more hours to "provide" for my family. That's another thing the Lord has blessed me with lately and that's an eternal perspective getting my education is for the future not the short term, In the short term I am working a pretty much dead end job with no job security so I could chase after it and hope and pray that it lasts but in getting my education I can assure a better more secure future for my family so that' what I'm going to do no matter what challenges present themselves. I now know and understand what my Stake President meant when he called me and talked to me about Pathways he told me to keep walking even if for the first few steps you have to walk in the dark the Lord will light the way. He will open doors he is mindful of you but you have to be in a place where he can do that for you. He does not ask us to do something without having a way in mind. I'm so grateful for that wisdom and that council.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm grateful for that wise bishop for counseling a cousin I love very much, and I'm grateful that you took that counsel! Everything will be great, just keep going. (And this does not excuse you from working on your dieting goals. ;) I've got my eye on you, girlie!)
Post a Comment