Monday, June 25, 2012

Counting my blessings

An event transpired today that really got me thinking a co worker and his wife got some unexpected news their son Levi who wasn't due til this fall was no longer growing inside his mom so they had no choice but to deliver him he was born this evening weighing only 1lb 7oz. No word from any of them on how they are doing but I know from my families experience four years ago with our Ella what they are feeling to some degree and what they are experiencing and its not easy at all. He has a fighting chance but it will take a miracle Ella was only 7 more oz's bigger but that isn't much. I am so grateful for Ella she has transformed our lives in so many ways she has a large heart, a strong personality (obviously she fought to live), a smile that can melt even the hardest heart and an intelligent inquiring mind I'm so grateful she is our niece. I'm so grateful that the Lord had a purpose for this little one on Earth and that she is with us and is strong and healthy and thriving. I love her so much and I'm grateful the Lord touched Angela and Randall's heart and they knew they needed to first be her foster parents then later her forever parents. I'm really grateful for this little miracle and blessing in my life I know she has touched our family already who knows how many other lives she will touch. 

No comments: