Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Currant Bush

Yesterday at work it was a good day but a bitter sweet day I found out that yet another person at work who had been there less time than me was being promoted to full time. I could understand why I had been passed up before my performance had been lacking and I was wishy washy but lately my sales had been good and my quota of leads was up there. I have filled in for full time and I have done great so it was really frustrating to the point where I wanted to cry. Then I heard in my mind the story of  The Currant Bush I heard in sacrament meeting many many years ago and I had to humble myself I don't know yet what the Lord has in store for me but he does so I must put my trust in Him and know that he has a higher purpose even if what he intends isn't what I think I want. I've since learned that when I go my way I make a big mess so we'll have to see what he has in store. I would recommend looking that story up it was put in a New Era many years ago but you can google it its a good reminder for when you get all cut up and pruned as to the purpose.

1 comment:

Jason and Lissa said...

I'm sorry cuz. That's frustrating. Have you had a conversation with your manager about what you can do to get to be full-time? Don't be accusatory about others getting promoted over you, just let them know you're willing to do what it takes. Then when they spell it out for you, you can go back to them later when you've done all they asked, and then they'll have to promote you! :)