Friday, June 15, 2012

Thank you for always being there

I had an inspiration last night as I dreamed which I will need to share in its entirety for anyone to understand anything. I don't remember all the details of the dream but it was a dream that has laid to rest some long held insecurities of mine that I hadn't realized I had basically the long and short of it is that on my mom's side my grandma and grandpa have kinda yo yoed in and out of my life sometimes they are there and sometimes they aren't. Same for my aunt and uncle on that side too and actually for the last several years they haven't had any contact with me whatsoever. I even as a grown woman have had a little bit of an issue with that I had to wonder if it was me if I had done something but last night I realized no its on them. If it had been me then the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins on my dads side would have done the same thing. They haven't in fact that's why I felt it so important to send a personal thank you to my aunts, uncles and grandparents to let them know I appreciate them and their efforts. Our family is large and growing all the time but yet I never felt left out or unloved. Quite to the contrary I have always felt special wanted and appreciated. I am friends with my cousins and we are there for each other and every single one of my aunts and uncles love and are there for me and would have protected me as a child as if I was one of their own. In fact where do you think I learned so much about how to be an aunt to the precious little ones who are now in my life. Realizing this and airing it will now help me heal another wound in my life and help me once again on a path to self enlightenment, understanding and self confidence. I can now put that stuff behind me and focus on the unconditional love and support of those who had been there all along. 

3 comments:

Lissa said...

Love you, cuz! I'm so glad that Grandma and Grandpa held those family reunions for all those years so we could be friends, even when I lived in foreign countries!

Jason and Lissa said...

Amanda,

I am always glad to see how positive you are. You are a great example to me to always keep on moving forward. This is a very kind email from you that I know your Dad's side of the family will surely appreciate.

Love,
Jason

Jason and Lissa said...

Amanda,

I am always glad to see how positive you are. You are a great example to me to always keep on moving forward. This is a very kind email from you that I know your Dad's side of the family will surely appreciate.

Love,
Jason