Monday, June 18, 2012

It was a little rough but I made it

Yesterday was Fathers Day and it was a little rough for me I'll admit I was doing great the other monumental days that all bundle together in June. I did fine June 2nd the day my father was killed I did okay on his birthday and the day we buried him and those days were back to back but Fathers Day hit me and it hit pretty hard. I don't know if it was just the day or the fact that I'm really got some pretty stressful and heavy stuff going on right now and I really missed my dad or the combination of the two but it wasn't easy. However, I have learned that sometimes crying is a good healer so I let them flow and I also just opened up to my Heavenly Father about it and I was honest I told him that I know it had been 22 years and that I'm not a little girl anymore but that right now I've been asked to deal with some really heavy stuff and that I just at some point wanted to know my dad was still with me and that I just wanted my daddy. I didn't apologize for feeling that way because sometimes I think no matter how old you are you just want your daddy. Well after that I wiped my eyes and went about my day and you know what my prayers were answered I was comforted and I knew that Heavenly Father understood. I feel better now for a couple of reasons A) the tears did help me deal with all this stuff so I could solider on and put a smile back on my face and B) I felt warm and fuzzy and knew that Heavenly Father hadn't forgotten about me he knows me and he knows how hard this time still is for me and he helped me to know that he understands what I've been trying to do and the efforts I've been trying to make. All in all Fathers Day wasn't too terrible but it still is pretty emotional. 

No comments: