Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Tossing the guilt
These last few weeks have been a bit of a personal struggle for me but I've learned to overcome it and it's been for a simple reason I've felt guilty for taking care of myself and doing what's best for me. I've felt guilty for doing so awesome at work I know that's totally crazy. I've not been used to that for a long long time and I accidently feel back into a habit of letting a couple of people use me and drain my energy and I would actually feel a bit guilty because things were going so well for me and they weren't for them. Well things came to a head and I got rid of that guilt and you know what it felt great. It felt great to toss out feelings of guilt and to be happy for and to celebrate my successes and accomplishments. It was hard to get rid of people in my life who were only using me and bringing me down but now that they are gone I can focus on the people who are left the people who do love and support me and don't want to bring me down. I've reconnected in a very powerful way to my little sis who has been my best friend all along I just had gotten so caught up trying to help others that I couldn't see her in the mess. She helped me get it all sorted out and got me back on solid ground again. She helped remind me of the journey I've been on and how far I've come and that I had better not dare let anyone hold me back from celebrating the good things and successes in my life. I realized she's right why should I have to feel guilty and feel bad because Damian and I have been blessed tremendously in our lives and we are moving in a forward positive direction. I am so grateful to a wonderful strong little sister who knows just what to say and how to say it to remind and refocus me so I can keep going and get to where I want to go. I love her so much for that I'm grateful for her and for all the other people I have left who really do love and support me and my accomplishments. I'll get used to celebrating them and tossing the guilt right out the window and be proud of what I'm doing and how far I've come. Yes I have miles and miles to go but how dreary would it be if we only focused on what lay ahead instead of pausing a moment to be happy for how far you've come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment