It's my voice if you please
Dad taught me to be free who I am and strong
He told me be true to you and you can never go wrong.
He showed me I had my own abilities my own voice
He taught me sometimes I had to stand my ground make my own choice.
Over time my voice got lost in the crowd
Got lost by being bullied teased put down
It got weaker and weaker and almost died
In trying to please others I was dying inside.
I have not been alone trying to get it back
but it's been so hard when I have been under attack
I want to speak loud and strong
I want to say leave me alone maybe you were wrong.
I want to say let me be who I truly am inside
You may not agree but let me be me let me have some pride.
Let me speak it is my voice if you please.
No comments:
Post a Comment