I wanted to share a thought that a friend of mine and I had the other day we were talking about the past reminiscing a little. We talked about how our choices then influenced our future in good and not so good ways. We pondered what would have happened had we been able to take the knowledge that we had now to ourselves back then. We also realized that would have been a disaster altering the path of our lives in terrible ways. Good or bad our choices shape us as does the events and people that come into our life. Everything that happens no matter how painful is not wasted it is to help us learn and gain knowledge. Every person that comes into our life even for a brief time has something to teach us or we need to teach them something. I didn't enjoy working at that crappy call center Venture Data although I made the best of it but had I not worked there for as long as I did I wouldn't have met a couple of people who I needed. One is a dear friend to this day and I needed her counsel and wisdom. Another was a kind loving man who lived his life with gusto and passion who always had a smile and a kind word seeing humor in even the toughest of situations. He reminded me so much of my dad unfortunately this dear man lost his battle with cancer a few months ago but for a few years my life was better because I knew him. He made working in the boring mundane call center almost fun with his jokes, lively stories and antics. I almost didn't work there but now my life has been blessed because I did. That has been the same in many things in my life everyone and everything has been brought to me for a reason or a purpose no matter how painful the result. Even the events or people who brought me pain were for my good and I am grateful for them in that I was able to learn.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment