I have been on quite a roller coaster this past year or so in some ways I have come so far and in others I have a long way to go still. I started on a journey to lose weight and well I haven't necessarily done that yet although I have gone from a size 30 to a size 24 so I'm pleased about that. No I haven't done what I have set out to do yet but I have done more. I have learned about myself, I'm learning what makes me tick as a person. I'm learning that I will give someone the shirt off my back before I take care of myself and that sometimes I have to put me first especially when it comes to my emotional or physical health. I have started to learn how to eat better, keep myself mentally healthy and happy and to get some physical activity into my life. I have a way to go still but considering where I started I'm well on my way. What started out as a journey simply to lose weight has now become something more it has become a commitment to myself. It has become a symbol of my new self a self where I can give myself permission to be happy and healthy and strong. I have been learning that it's okay to speak up for what I want and that I have the right to live my life and make my own choices. I'm learning that eating right isn't about deprivation it is about choosing to fuel your body with the best fuel possible I'm learning that exercise doesn't have to be drudgery and I'm learning that laughter is good medicine friends are a wonderful asset to have and that it's important to be grateful and count your blessings. I'm learning to get back into balance as a person and to not allow myself to get out of balance again and that no matter how much I may want to help and I want to be there for someone it's not worth putting myself in jeopardy and out of balance. I'm learning that I am happier when I am in balance and everything is in place.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think going from a 30 to a 24 is a great accomplishment! Good job, cuz!
Post a Comment