Today has hit me kinda hard I was doing fine bebopping along living my life in a fairly decent mood when all of a sudden like a ton of heavy bricks I started missing my dad. I started thinking about the day he was taken from us how can I not I was there I can tell you to this day every detail, every sound metal crushing, his final yell as he took his last breath, the sounds of the paramedics and ambulances as we were all taken to the hospital. It's there it's embedded in my brain and I think it always will be until I can figure out how to get it out. I know missing him won't bring him back that's why for the most part I focus on being happy and living my life that's what he would want. Today though is one of those rare days well that and several days in the month of June that have significance where I just want to remember him and take a moment to pause and honor his memory. He was an amazing man who loved people including his family we had a lot of fun times together hanging out. He loved all of us very much we could all feel it and he would make time for us, nothing was too small for him and even a little girl had something important to say. I loved that about him he would listen to my concerns no matter how big or small they seemed. In a short 10 years he taught me a life time of lessons among them:
How to treat others as you would want to be treated
Listen to and respect people
Do your best you are not a failure until you fail to keep trying
Be Honest with yourself and your fellow human beings
Live your life with gusto, smile laugh be happy and try to make others feel happy too.
Thanks Dad for giving me life and for living yours in a way that I could learn from you. You are greatly loved and greatly missed.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment