Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Working as a team

I am so happy I feel like I have a brand new husband already and he hasn't even started any medications yet. For a long time I loved my husband but didn't feel like we were consistently a team he had his moments but he could also tend to be passive aggressive telling me what he thought I wanted to hear which was not always the best thing for us as a couple. Now the difference is amazing he is contributing more and we are discussing more and talking more. I am so proud of him for even going on his own to get his lab work done for his doctor so his medical doctor can assess him and help him. We know already though that he has some health issues that need to be addressed. He's also more affectionate and much much calmer he hasn't had to use his mad hat in a few days now and that is awesome. He's also improving when it comes to talking to me and communicating how he is thinking and feeling when before he would just get mad and storm off or completely shut down. I really think that him working with Kim has been amazing and he's just getting started it's going to be exciting to see how far he can come with some help. I know he can do so much and achieve a lot he just needed someone else besides me to help him unlock all that potential and to help him see it. I really am glad that I stuck it out now and gave him a chance I feel like he's got a new lease on life all he needed was a little help and honestly his parents did not help they didn't take the time to listen to their children they still don't so Damian was programmed to shut down and believe that his thoughts and feelings didn't matter. It's sad but it took him a long time to realize and understand that they do and that there are people who value him and his contributions and input. It's going to be fun for me to see him as he grows and progresses I truly believe that he can accomplish anything he sets his mind to and that with Kim's help he will grow as a person and want to achieve goals in his life.

No comments: