I have always been a strong advocate of love and kindness and I do firmly believe the old saying that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I have proven this time after time in my own life in my dealings with people but I have observed it even more lately with my husband. I assumed when we got married that he knew some key principles and things that he didn't. I never realized how damaged he was emotionally and how sensitive he can be because he hid it well. I have had to change tactics and focus on love and loving him and building him up and making sure he knows this love is unconditional. As a result of the love and nurturing he is receiving not only from me but from his support team, counselor and his DVR case worker he is growing so much and thriving. It's exciting to see him passionate about life again and throwing himself and his energy into building up himself and his well being and not being afraid to stand up for himself and what he wants. I am so proud of him and know he will do well if he can stay focused on those who love him and want to build him up and stay away from those who won't. I can see him standing firmly on his own two legs we found the problem in the past he would start to stand up and have the courage to go for what he wanted and to go for his dreams but then when he would start to do well but was still a little shaky he let nay sayers knock him back down again. This time he's learning that he doesn't have to listen to what others say he can follow his own voice and his own heart and that he has that right and that he is intelligent and capable of living his own life and following his dreams. I'm beginning to really see the fruit of my labors not to toot my own horn but it's taken a lot of time and love to help him and help him realize for himself what I have seen from the beginning. I am married to a wonderful, kind, sensitive, intelligent man who once he can get his self confidence and momentum going can be a force to be reckoned with.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment